Our high performance cloud height sensors (ceilometers) provide accurate cloud and obscuration information from fixed or mobile installations. Our ceilometers are ideal for the aviation industry and general meteorology.
In aviation, knowing the ceiling or vertical visibility is important. The professional cloud height sensor is designed to provide accurate cloud and obscuration information from fixed or mobile installations. The ceilometer is a standalone instrument that you can easily carry in one hand. A digital readout on the ceilometer enclosure provides cloud base and operating status information.
In addition to being portable and accurate, the ceilometer is durable with a demonstrated mean-time-between-failures of over 150,000 hours and laser life of 10 years. It has just three subassemblies that allow for field replacement without having to align or recalibrate. The ceilometer has been tested to IEC environmental standards for vibration, shock, impulse voltages, transients, operating temperature, and EMI susceptibility and emissions.
Professional Ceilometer features:
• Detects up to five different cloud layers
• Sky coverage algorithm
• Designed for fixed or mobile installations
• Eye-safe laser for a detection range of 25,000 or 40,000 feet
• Automatic self-adjustment means no periodic, manual adjustments are needed
• Small, lightweight and modern design with flexible power supply (12 VDC or 110/240 VAC)