With a range of 200 nautical miles, our lightning and thunderstorm sensor is an excellent piece of equipment for aviation, general meteorology, and thunderstorm warning systems.
Designed to specifically sense the electromagnetic signature from lightning strikes while filtering out other electrical noise, the Lightning and Thunderstorm Sensor may be used standalone or as part of a system. Add it to an Airport Weather Advisor® or Weather Pro™ system, or use it with your own data processing equipment.
Thunderstorm and Lightning Sensor features:
• Detects intra-cloud, inter-cloud, and cloud-to-ground electrical discharges
• Less than 2% false detection rate
• Reports range and direction of strikes within 200 nautical miles
• Communication via RS-232 or RS-422
• Built-in automatic diagnostic self-testing
• Operating temperature range -55°C to 70°C
• Mounting pedestal available
The Lightning and Thunderstorm Sensor from Mesotech is essential for aviation and storm warning applications. For more information, a complete list of specifications, or if you have any questions, please contact us.