FAA Certified, ICAO/WMO Compliant Automated Weather Observing System (AWOS) for Meteorological Reporting at Any Size Airport
Airport Weather Advisor®
➤ Fully automated reporting of METAR, SPECI, SYNOP, and other reports with available manual report augmentation.
➤ Voice reports via telephone and ground-to-air transmitter (VHF or UHF) available in English, Spanish, French, and bilingual options.
➤ Large airports and airfields with weather sensitive aircraft benefit from unlimited sensors and sensor locations with automatic active runway heading detection.
➤ Secure remote factory support capabilities and an experienced support team ensure your system stays up and running
➤ AWOS Live cloud platform delivers —up to the second data anywhere in the world
FAA Certified AWOS
ICAO/WMO Compliant Systems
Airport Weather Advisor® FAA certified systems are available for new installations or replacement of existing systems. Replacement systems can re-use existing infrastructure including concrete pads, towers, and electrical infrastructure. Our FAA certified systems meet all the requirements of Advisory Circular AC 150/5220-16E
AVAILABLE FEATURES INCLUDE:
‣ Dual barometric pressure/altimeter sensors
‣ Wind speed and direction (mechanical or ultrasonic sensor options)
‣ Temperature/Relative humidity and dewpoint
‣ Visibility/Precipitation identification/Ambient light sensing
‣ Hail and ice pellet detection
‣ Lightning/Thunderstorm detection
‣ Freezing rain detection
‣ Fully automated report generation with manual augmentation
‣ VHF ground-to-air voice broadcast
‣ Voice reports via telephone
‣ UHF data link, optical fiber, or hard-wired communication
AWOS Live real-time web display We also offer backup AWOS using our FAA certified system configurations that meet the FAA’s requirements for backup weather equipment.
Mesotech’s ICAO/WMO compliant Airport Weather Advisor® systems use the same time-tested hardware and software as our FAA certified and military systems. Sensors may be placed in an unlimited number of locations around the airport or airfield to collect the right data from the right places. For example, wind sensors and visibility sensors are commonly placed at multiple locations along a runway.
ADDITIONAL FEATURES INCLUDE:
‣ Customized communication options including spread spectrum or UHF data radios and 4G data transmission
‣ Standard and custom data output formats for integration into regional and national data networks
‣ Runway Visual Range (RVR) reporting using forward scatter visibility sensors
‣ Automatic runway light intensity monitoring (RLIM) for Runway Visual Range (RVR) calculations
‣ Automatic active runway heading detection for producing accurate automated reports based on the most relevant sensors on the airfield
Airport Weather Advisor® has been in use by the US Air Force since 2001 and Mesotech’s military aviation weather systems are the most robust, high availability systems on the market. They are tailored to the specific application and maximize availability and minimize mean time to repair. We offer engineering, logistics support, and helpdesk support to keep mission critical systems up and running.
SOME AVAILABLE OPTIONS INCLUDE:
‣ Triple redundant barometric pressure/altimeter sensors
‣ Cybersecurity and physical security hardening
‣ Redundant power supplies and data collection units
‣ Redundant communication paths (wire, optical fiber, wireless)
‣ Extreme operating conditions/environmental options
‣ Extended run-time uninterruptible power supplies
‣ Backup weather systems
Goldstone Deep Space Communication Complex,
Fort Irwin, California
Bryant Army Airfield,
US Air Force Base,
Available for all of our systems, provides a secure live data stream from your AWOS to our cloud platform for viewing using a computer, tablet, or phone.
No app required —your users simply browse to your dedicated awos.live web address and 5-second AWOS data will be at their fingertips.
Where We Are
Mesotech International is a global provider of AWOS aviation systems represented on all seven continents, including Antarctica. No matter where you are in the world, the size of your airport, or the volume of air travel you represent, Mesotech can provide you with a customized and fully compliant AWOS system. Our systems are FAA Type Certified and compliant with all international standards including ICAO and WMO to provide you with up to the minute meteorological reports no matter where you are.
Some of our recent installations include: