FAA Certified AWOS - Airport Weather Advisor®
Airport Weather Advisor® is Mesotech's FAA certified AWOS (Automated Weather Observing System) capable of meteorological reporting for any size airport.
- FAA Type Certified for AWOS I, II, III, IIIP/T, and IV Z
- Available in ICAO/WMO compliant versions for airports worldwide
- Automatically produces METAR, SPECI, SYNOP, and other standardized reports
- Secure web-based application allows you to view live data and perform maintenance functions anywhere
- Voice reports via telephone or ground-to-air (VHF or UHF) radio available in English, Spanish, or bilingual
SUPPORT YOU CAN RELY ON
Support is part of our product. We never charge for a phone call or an email.
We support local/third party maintainers and offer free training.
Our helpdesk supports 200+ military locations worldwide. We are ready to serve.
Airport Weather Advisor® systems are installed on every continent including Antarctica. We build them tough to last for decades.
We always maintain an upgrade path for our legacy equipment. We never leave a customer behind.
FAA Type-Certified Options
- AWOS A/V: Altimeter setting, visibility
- AWOS I: Altimeter, wind speed/direction, temperature, dew point, and density altitude
- AWOS II: The same as AWOS I plus visibility
- AWOS III: The same as AWOS II plus precipitation accumulation, cloud height, and sky condition
- AWOS III P/T: The same as AWOS III plus present weather and/or thunderstorm detection
- AWOS IV Z: Same as AWOS IIIPT plus freezing rain detection
Bryant Army Airfield, AK
Goldstone Deep Space Communication Complex, CA
ICAO Compliant / Worldwide Options
- All equipment meets or exceeds WMO and ICAO requirements
- Unlimited number of airfield stations and sensor configurations
- Custom communication options including optical fiber, copper, spread spectrum radio, UHF data radio, and cellular
- Runway visual range using forward scatter sensors
Why choose Mesotech?
- You can trust our systems. Airport Weather Advisor® has been in continuous use and ongoing development for over 20 years.
- You can trust our support. Our helpdesk services over 200 US military installations worldwide, every day.
- We have global experience. Our California based staff travels worldwide to provide training, installation, and support.
Wake Island Airfield
Alabama: Redstone Arsenal, Lowe AHP, Hanchey AHP, Shell AHP
Alaska: Fort Wainwright, Bryant AAF
Arizona: Gila Bend AFAF, Libby AAF, Laguna AAF
California: Vandenberg AFB, Edwards AFB, Goldstone DSCC, Bicycle Lake AAF
Texas: Biggs AAF, Robert Gray AAF, Hood AAF, and Laughlin AFAF
Other USAF locations in LA, TN, MD, VA, MA, WI, WY, MI, HI, and FL
Wake and Shemya Islands
Japan: Camp Zama
Korea: Osan Air Base, Yongsan Air Base
Kuwait: Ali Al Salem AB
Antarctica: Palmer and McMurdo Stations
Sierra Leone: Lungi International Airport
Angola: Quatro de Fevereiro International Airport and 10 others